|School Year Library Hours|
|Mon - Thur||10:00 - 8:00|
|Friday||10:00 - 6:00|
|Saturday||10:00 - 2:00|
Unattended Children Policy / Code of Conduct / Movie Permission Form
To ensure the safety and well-being of all patrons using our library.
1. Children under the age of 8 should be in sight of and supervised by a parent, guardian, or responsible caregiver. Parents, guardians, or caregivers of children under the age of 8 are expected to remain in the library while children are attending library programs.
2. Children over the age of 8, who are able to maintain proper library behavior, (please see “Code of Conduct” addendum) may use the library unattended. These children are not allowed to stay at the library beyond two hours in a day.
3. Children over the age of 8, watching a movie at the library, are required to have a signed permission slip.
4. Staff may notify parents, guardians, or responsible caregivers about children who need additional supervision.
5. Staff may contact authorities, such as the Police, either to assist with the enforcement of discipline in the library or to ensure the safety of an unattended child.
Code of Library Conduct
- Enjoy the guinea pigs without touching them.
- Gentle use of toys and materials is appreciated.
- One person, per library card, on one computer.
- Children, please only sit at the computer if you have a signed internet permission slip.
- Please pick up after playing.
- Please take snacks, drinks, and phone conversations into the hallway.
- Respect bathrooms.
- Talk in an “inside” voice.
- Use walking feet wearing shoes.
Beginning June 1, 2015, our library requires a permission slip for your child to view movies if they are staying at the library WITHOUT you.
- The child must also have an Infosoup library card.
- A permission slip must be filled out EACH TIME your child attends a movie.
- A child who is YOUNGER than 8 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Elizabeth M. Timmins, Library Director