Join the excitement as Muehl Public Library prepares to
“Celebrate Lifelong Learning…. The next Chapter begins in 2019”
Muehl Public Library is proud to announce that we will be expanding our facilities. Our current facility was built in 1994. The visionaries predicted that more space would be needed in the future. The library is intended to be a multigenerational community learning center and our new space will be able to meet the needs of all ages.
For example, the space will house study rooms for small meetings, sound recording or test taking space. There will be a very large multifunctional project area for things such as: crafting, robotics, legos, coding, coloring, knitting, building, or working on puzzles,. The list is endless. This area is called a Makerspace. The Makerspace area is a place for people to be creative problem solvers and inventors with many of their ideas having been inspired by literature they have read. The new addition will enhance our city by offering a common place for people to gather, create and of course, read!
Want to join the excitement? You ask how can you get involved?
First, learn more about Makerspaces. The following links share some cool information on how important a Makerspace is to our community:
- Check out a copy of the book Free to Make: How the Maker Movement Is Changing Our Schools, Our Jobs, and Our Minds to read all about Makerspaces
- Benefits of Makerspaces is a great article showing how Makerspaces can have a positive impact on student learning and development
- Frequently Ask Questions about this project
- Want to see what other Makerspace areas look like? View a video of the Fond Du Lac Public Library Makerspace area.
Click here to download a copy of our form to how to donate.
The following Donators are excited where our imaginations will soar with this additional NEW space. Come join the fun and be a donator!
We are so proud of our donors! Thank you to all those that have already donated!
Authors: $50,000 Plus
Publishers: $25,000 to $49,999
Editors: $1000 to $24,9999
- Paul Gregg
- Jean Severson
- Seth and Carolyn Reuter
- Friends of the Muehl Public Library/Mary Ellen Dahlke
- Tom & Ann Duffey
Copywriters: $50 to $999
- Ann-Marie Karweick
- Bobbie Buchholtz (X2)
- Karen & Merlin Kneisler
- Lynn Cartier
- Sandy and Barry Kailhofer (X2)
- Darlene VanCamp
- City of Seymour
- Chris & LuAnn Naze
- Lori Thiel
- Cherry Buttles
- Laura Shepard
- Wade & Beth Wielgus
- Sue & Dan Hafeman
- Donna M. Lynn Howe
- Adam Carey
- Vivian Treml