Fox Communities Credit Union is housing and accounting for the gifts toward this project. Thank you!
Join the excitement as Muehl Public Library prepares to
“Celebrate Lifelong Learning…. The next Chapter begins in 2019”
Muehl Public Library is proud to announce that we will be expanding our facilities. Our current facility was built in 1994. The visionaries predicted that more space would be needed in the future. The library is intended to be a multigenerational community learning center and our new space will be able to meet the needs of all ages.
For example, the space will house study rooms for small meetings, sound recording or test taking space. There will be a very large multifunctional project area for things such as: crafting, robotics, legos, coding, coloring, knitting, building, or working on puzzles,. The list is endless. This area is called a Makerspace. The Makerspace area is a place for people to be creative problem solvers and inventors with many of their ideas having been inspired by literature they have read. The new addition will enhance our city by offering a common place for people to gather, create and of course, read!
Want to join the excitement? You ask how can you get involved?
First, learn more about Makerspaces. The following links share some cool information on how important a Makerspace is to our community:
- Check out a copy of the book Free to Make: How the Maker Movement Is Changing Our Schools, Our Jobs, and Our Minds to read all about Makerspaces
- Benefits of Makerspaces is a great article showing how Makerspaces can have a positive impact on student learning and development
- Frequently Ask Questions about this project
- Want to see what other Makerspace areas look like? View a video of the Fond Du Lac Public Library Makerspace area.
Click here to download a copy of our form of how to donate.
The following Donators are excited where our imaginations will soar with this additional NEW space. Come join the fun and be a donator!
We are so proud of our donors! Thank you to all those that have already donated!
Authors: $50,000 Plus
Publishers: $25,000 to $49,999
Editors: $1000 to $24,999
- Paul and Paula Gregg
- Jean Severson (in memory of Judith Severson, sister and educator)
- Seth & Carolyn Reuter (in honor of Tyler, Mason, Madilyn, and Alayna Reuter)
- Friends of the Muehl Public Library/Mary Ellen Dahlke
- Tom & Ann Duffey
- Cellcom/NSight Teleservices
- CoBank's Sharing Success Program--partnering with customers to build vibrant rural communities
- Seymour Firefighters, Inc (Volunteer Strife Co. #1)
- Seymour Education Association
- Bernie Dahlin/Nichols Paper
- American Legion Krause-Kraft Post 106 with leadership of John Cumicek
- Mary Ellen Dahlke in honor of Muehl Public Library staff (July, 2019)
- Ken and Helen Blohm, in honor of Mel and Ruth Blohm
- MRTT (Mothers Run This Town) who held a run/walk in April, 2019. Leaders: Chris Potter, Deanne Gerondale, & Debbie Patz and many, many more.
- Becky and Jon Stellmacher Family Fund within the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region
- Perry and Carol Pierre
- In honor of the Kollath farm and in memory of Violet Kollath. A thank you for all the Kollath kids who have thrived at the library.
Copywriters: $50 to $999
- Ann-Marie Karweick (X2) once in honor of Elizabeth Timmins
- Bobbie Buchholtz (X2)'
- Bobbie Buchholtz (in memory of William A. Timmins)
- Bobbie Buchholtz (in memory of Bill Zahn)
- Bobbie Buchholtz (PayPal donation, 1st!)
- Karen & Merlin Kneisler
- Lynn Cartier
- Sandy & Barry Kailhofer (X2) Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary to Kathy and Mike Smits!
- Darlene VanCamp
- City of Seymour
- Community Family Resource Center (CFRC)
- Chris & LuAnn Naze
- Lori Thiel
- Cherry Buttles
- Laura Shepard
- Wade & Beth Wielgus
- Sue & Dan Hafeman
- Donna M. Lynn Howe
- Adam Carey
- Vivian Treml Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary to Kathy and Mike Smits!
- Vivian Treml in memory of Jim Braun
- Rose Doersch (in memory of)
- Janel Angi
- Mary Herb, in honor of the Herb grandchildren
- Don & Donna Otto
- Clarence Smet (in memory of)
- Gregory J Ziegler (X2)
- Mary DeBruin
- Marlene Wiedemann
- Steve & Darla Dorosz
- Elizabeth Moeller (in honor of libraries and all the grandchildren out there who will use them)
- Coonen family (in memory of Bob Coonen who loved the community of Seymour)
- Ione Munger (X2)
- Del Raymakers in honor of Don Raymakers
- Lisa Blohm
- Mary and Dave DeBruin
- Dorothy Schlimm-Sand (for the Schlimm Family) in memory of Mary Elizabeth Schlimm nee Appleton
- Don and Mary Lou Brown
- Staci Sievert & Steve Zahn (with matching gift from Thrivent)
- Roger & Rose (Fritzee) Muench
- Leo Nackers
- Alberta Graham
DONATION JAR @ FRONT COUNTER: $1420
BUCKET RAFFLE & DONATION JAR WHEN INGA WITSCHER VISITED SEYMOUR: $283